Monday, January 25, 2010

Faith... Saving Lives...

Hello everyone, once again I'm here at this "Create post" link tab, and this will be my fifth (and probably last) blog post. On Saturday I went for band practice and then service and cell. Finally Wayne came for cell. Hooray! (But I'm not sure if he'll be coming again...) Sermon: Done by Pastor Chye Aik. It's about faith. Now in general faith is "eating and excercising" correctly. It is also believing then seeing, not the other way round. But that does not mean that we have faith that we will score well for a test, for example, and ten slack off for the weekend just before the test.

Well frankly speaking, that isn't faith. That's irresponsibility.

It's just believing before seeing, eating and excercising it correctly, faith can do great things.

But how do I eat? Excercising is excercising faith, but I don't understand the 'eating' part.

That's when some applications come in. The Bible can help you grow in your faith, believe it or not! Reading the Bible correctly and excercising faith correctly can become very very powerful. The power of faith is real.

Now at this juncture I would like to share with you guys something that really touched my heart on Friday. Not because it's a Christian movie, not because it is a low-budget one, but the content really touches my heart. Check it out.






To save a life. I know that in modern society there are outcastes. Everywhere you go there will be outcastes. Now at this point let's consider what it means to Jake in his position. He has everything. However, his childhood friend, Robert, is outcasted. So one day he kills himself, causing Jake to rethink about his former attitudes and reflect on what he wants his life to be about. He decides to go around school looking for other "Robert"s' and reaching out to them. But it's not always smooth sailing. Now he has to choose between two parties: Popular but uninteractive to the outcastes, or outcasted himself. What would you do in his situation?

At some point in your life you've got to ask yourself, "What do I want my life to be about?"

That point is now. It's either now or never. If you have no motive in life (yet), I suggest that it's about time. What do you want your life to be about? Friends? Girls? Popularity? For me I want to spread God's love to those that need it. I want to reach out to the pre-believers of the world. It's called saving lives man. There's this rumour that the world's gonna end in 2012 and 2011. 2012, it's not going to happen scientifically. 2011. Now this may be a little new. This marks the 7000th year since Noah's Ark and some people suggest that Judgement Day falls on the 21st May of this year. I feel that it's not up to us mere mortals to decide when the Judgement Day falls upon, but only the Father knows. Nevertheless, even though I feel that these are not real, I tell you. the end is near. It may be in a day or a million years. They will all pass in the blink of an eye.

How far will you go, how much would you risk, how hard would you fight, to save a life?

I feel that it's about time we start reaching out to pre-believers and let them know what Jesus has done for them on the Cross. It's about time we save lives and reach out.

What's the point of all this if you're not going to let it change you?

I'm ready to reach out to people and get outcasted myself. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment